I'm off the planet series #3: Puma SL


One of my ideas for Puma involves the SL. The idea is to give the SL the old school look/feel but while still keeping the weight. Furthermore, imagine a hybrid boot that features the upper of the Puma King Classic, and the current outsole of the Puma SL. The boot would have the K leather upper that every footballer loves but would be unique in that it is a classic boot ingrained with new school technology. I believe this boot would look and feel amazing and have that old school look that people used to associate with Puma. I truly feel like that image has died, I like a lot of soccer players feel that Puma is a classic brand but with recent releases everything looks so main stream.

Puma King Classic

As for price, I would put this boot at $130 to undercut Nike and adidas. To originally put this boot at $200 killed the launch/excitement of this boot BIG TIME! Furthermore, at a price point of $130 along with the unique/classic look I believe consumers would start to notice the boot and take a chance on it. At the end of the day, I think money talks and if the price is right along with the looks/style of the boot consumers will take a chance. For example, take a look at the adiPURE IV by adidas, the price is at $130 and it kills in the boot market due to its price, unique/old school style, and the beloved k leather upper.